This bread’s long rise creates an assertive, yeasty flavor. The crispt chewy texture is a satisfying comp lement medium…more.In a medium bowl, mix the waterol with the yeast and let stand unti This bread’s long rise creates an assertive, yeasty flavor. The crisp, chewy texture is a satisfying complement to meaty fish. In a medium bowl, mix the water with the yeast and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the flour. Cover loosely and let stand overnight. with plastic wrap and let stand until doubled in bulk, about 3 hours.
In a large bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the water with the yeast and sugar and let stand until foamy. Add the yeast mixture, the remaining 1 cup of water and the olive oil. Stir in the flours and salt until a dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth. Place the dough in a large, oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand until doubled in bulk, about 3 hours. with plastic wrap and let stand until doubled in bulk, about 3 hours.
Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 3- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into serving size.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 rice wine vinegar (you can add more or less, it should not be too sour)
- 1 cup sugar (you can add more or less, balance the taste. It should not be too sweet)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (or more)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 stalk green scallion, chopped
- Wash, pat dry and cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Mix the marinade ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken for 20-39 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the sauce
- - In a medium bowl. Mix together all of the sauce ingredients “EXCEPT THE VINEGAR AND SUGAR).
- - “This is the tricky part”. Using a spoon, slowly adding the vinegar and sugar mix until you achieve the desire taste. Remember! You can always add or cut down.
- - Set aside when you achieved the taste.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken cubes a few at a time until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. You can cover the fried chicken with aluminum foil or place it on the warm oven while continue frying.
- Last, get a wok (if you have any) or deep frying pan.
- Heat 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Sautee garlic until golden brown.
- Add the sauce, cook, until slightly thicken. If you think your sauce is too runny then you can always add more cornstarch by diluting it first with water.
- Add the fried chicken. Stir.
- Add toasted sesame.
- Sprinkle the green scallion.